Friday, October 12, 2012

Tower Calendar

I thought I had such a wonderful day yesterday, I sat down with my 'to do' list and just powered through it - isn't it amazing how quickly you can accomplish tasks you've been putting off for months?  Anyway, as I lay in bed, contemplating my productive day, I realised I'd completely forgotten to post my last calendar post, so  a little late, here it is:



Not new, and not even my invention, I think that honor belongs to Linda Carnell, the owner of Amuse Studio.

I took a sheet of green discontinued polka dot paper (I'm on a mission to get through all the odds and ends in my paper drawers to make room for all the wonderful current papers.) and scored it at 2 1/2", 5", 7 1/2" and 10", fold and apply tape to the 1" flap to complete the cylinder.  I printed the 2013 calender onto 1 3/4" squares, cut them out and mounted them on orange scalloped squares (I used the pink marvy punch, nestabilities would work just fine).

I cut four extra 1 3/4" squares and stamped appropriate images, then it's just a question of sticking all the squares to the base, trying to keep the horizontals and verticals all aligned.

Okay, that's it for calendars for a while, I've got a few Halloween treats to show you, starting tomorrow (and it WILL be tomorrow, I'm about to schedule it now!)

Supplies for this project are available from my online Amuse Studio store

stamps: chill of winter, fresh foliage, life's a breeze, friend to friend
paper: sugar, orange, sage polka dot (discontinued)
ink: memento tuxedo black

8 comments:

Annette J. said...

Great gift idea!

FranA said...

What a great way to display the months will have to try, thank you

Anonymous said...

An idea.....place down all calendars and pics before closing the cylinder. Easier to align.

Anonymous said...

Yes it’s September 2018. I just loved your tower calendar would would like the directions.
Mahalo from Hawaii.

Sidhantpapers.0731@gmail.com said...

beautiful
Best idea

Sidhantpapers.0731@gmail.com said...

Beautiful

Unknown said...

Love it! Can't wait to try!

Anonymous said...

What. Is the size of the base polka dot paper?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...