Saturday, October 13, 2012

Candy free Halloween Treats

I know, I know, this one is not really going to fly - but I have found, that for the younger audience, they will often pick a pencil over candy given the choice, and with super cute packaging like this, just maybe ...


I saw something like this years ago, but I'm afraid I don't know where - if it's your design, thank you!  Again, I'm using the discontinued polka dots - although I did make some using the new smaller polka dots - unfortunately I forgot to take a photo and this is all I have left.

Take a strip of card, 9 1/4" x 2 1/4" and score at 2 1/2" and 2/3/4", chomp the corners of the long end.  Take a strip of orange gingham, 6 1/4" x 2", and decorate with bats, trim corners at top and attach to inside of base.  Run some tape along the bottom of the fold (to hold the pencils, and fold up, holding together with onyx bakers twine.  A 1 3/4" orange circle and a die cut bat (from the candy box set) complete the package.

All the materials for this project are available from my online Amuse Studio store, with the exception of the pencils and black polka dot paper, although as I said, it looked super cute with the new paper too.

stamps: haunted, too cute to spook
paper: onyx polka dot (discontinued), orange gingham, orange
ink: memento tuxedo black
misc: onyx bakers twine, Halloween pencils, bat die from the candy box set


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...