Tuesday, October 9, 2012

School Days Calendar

Woo Hoo!  I actually managed to come back with today's post as promised.  A calendar for those hard working teachers in your life:



And here you can see the side profile (and a glimpse of my rather messy desk!)


There is a name for this type of card base, but for the life of me I can't remember what it is - if you know, please leave a comment and tell me - I have several more cards of this design and I'd really like to get the name right.  anyway, back to today's project.

The calendar measures 4 1/4" square when flat. You will need two pieces of the background card (discontinued Amuse Studio buttercup polka dot), one 4 1/4" square (this forms the background of the main image) and one 4 1/4" x 8 1/2", scored at 2 1/8" and 4 1/4" (this forms the 'structure' of the calendar). You want to fold the halfway fold the 'wrong' way ie coloured side in. The other fold goes the other way.

The pencils were stamped onto a scrap of sugar card, coloured and cut out.

Come back tomorrow for another calendar (and to check if I really can manage three days in a row)

All the supplies necessary to make this project are available from Amuse Studio here unless noted

stamps: school days
paper: buttercup polka dot (discontinued - however you could use the current polka dot which has smaller, more even dots), cobalt, cherry, sugar,
ink: memento tuxedo black
misc: onyx twine, copics, small calendar (I got mine from The Paper Garden in Sacramento)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen, love you EASEL card! Where did you find the mini-calendars?

Nance in Reno
AMuse 1155

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...