Monday, October 8, 2012

Teacher Gift

Hello there, I'm so glad you came to visit, I know I've been pretty remiss about posting for the last month - first I was really sick and then I had to get ready for a big craft fair last Saturday.  I'm pleased to say, I survived the craft fair, the next one isn't for a month and I intend to resume posting at least 2 -3 times a month - promise!

As far as I am concerned every day should be teacher appreciation day, and I'm pleased to say that when I took these post-it note holders to the craft fair on Saturday, so many people bought them for friends and neighbors as a 'just because' gift.


I started with a 3 1/4" x 6 3/4" piece of cherry polka dot and scored it 3 1/4" from each end, the post it pad is attached to the base and then the holder tied together with cherry grosgrain stitched ribbon.

I stamped the bus and the sentiment onto a 2 1/2" square sugar scrap and coloured with Copics, I then stamped the ruler onto a scrap of  burano, I cut it out and trimmed to size.  The centre panel is mounted onto a 2 3/4" square of cobalt and the whole thing attached to the base with puffy tape with puffy tape.

Come back tomorrow to see the matching calendar!

All the supplies for this project are available from my online store (with the exception of the post its)

stamps: school days
paper: cherry polka do, cobalt, sugar, burano
ink: menmento tuxedo black
misc: copics, cherry grosgrain stitched ribbon, puffy tape, post it notes

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...