Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Holiday Hoopla Blog Hop

Hi, and welcome to My Paper Paradise.  Today I am delighted to join some of my fellow consultants in a blog hop, this is the first stop,so grab yourself a coffee and enjoy!

I want to share two of my favorite items from the new Holiday supplement, available online,  or if you would like a paper copy I can send you one for $5 (inc.postage).


This card features the new cup of good cheer set,  and inside I have used the new gift card holder die. (Of course, if I had planned ahead I would have had a coffee themed gift card to show you how it works, but  ....)


I first embossed the cup (and a snowflake from the retired snow crystals set - there are plenty of small snowflakes in the new collection - they just haven't come to live with me yet) with white embossing powder, I cut it out and then used a craft knife to cut a small slit along the lower rim of the cup:


Apologies for the slightly out of focus picture (from my point of view it makes my hands look slightly less wrinkly!). I then stamped the marshmallows onto a scrap of sugar using bermuda ink and quickly sprinkled with pearl embossing powder - if you haven't used this before you simply MUST add it to your next order, this was the first time I've used it and I am SOLD!  The candy cane was also stamped and cut out.  They can then be poked into the slit and arranged .  Then second photo shows the back.



I then I attached the whole thing to the card using puffy tape.

That's all from me, while you are hopping through our creations be sure to leave a little love, we all love to hear your comments.  Now on to your next stop, Linda's blog, I can't wait to see what she has in store for us. If you get lost here is the complete list:

Karen Crisp <====== YOU ARE HERE!!!
Linda Suarez
Tami Grandi
Kristine Vicente
Kathy Hatzke
Pamela Fredrickson

All the supplies for this project are available from my online store - open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

stamps: cup of good cheer, snow crystals
paper: bermuda chevron, polka dots and plain, cherry, sugar
ink: versamark, bermuda, eucalyptus
misc: gift card die, pearl embossing powder, puffy tape

9 comments:

Linda Suarez said...

Love your card Karen! I've been resisting that stamp set because I already have a similar one, but it's so hard! I love the Bermuda and Cherry together - one of my fave color combos. Have a great day!

blah said...

Super cute! I really need the gift card die and the chevron paper :-)

Pamela Fredrickson said...

Great card! I love that set and cannot wait to use it.

Anonymous said...

Completely adorable! I love how you mixed the patterns and put the red with the bermuda... so cute!

Chris said...

Cute - thanks for the detailed how to!

Samantha said...

Thanks for taking the lead this month you did great!! Love your card

CSeeger said...

So cute -- love that color combination!

Shari B. said...

What a great card! I love the new stamp set!

AmethystCat said...

super card! love the gift card holder - have to get that die!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...