Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sweet Valentine

I promised you another valentine, so here it is:


More of an assembly job than a stamping exercise.  I just love my Big Shot and the wonderful Amuse Studio dies.

I don't  know about you, but I really prefer to put the fold on my cards along the long edge, I find they stand up better, particularly if they have a front with several layers.  The only time I would do it the other way round was if I wanted to wrap ribbon round as in this card, but now I have the answer.  It may not be big news to you, but you can keep the fold along the long edge AND wrap ribbon round - all you need to do is to use a craft knife to cut a small slit, (or in this case two) in the fold of the card to thread the ribbon through, I don't have a knot in this card so the joins are under the raised panel.

I am at last beginning to get settled back into my craft room, having been thrown out over the Christmas vacation by my daughter who wanted her room back - I know, outrageous!  Anyway, I spent some of my Christmas money on storage for my AMuse Studio toys and at the moment I'm bribing myself to get it all finished - always seems like such a waste of stamping time!  However, until it's done I am forcing myself to spend 30 minutes on sorting out BEFORE I start stamping - we'll see how that goes!

I'll give you the full tour when I'm done, but here's a sneak peak of my new ink storage

I know, it's not much to look at - it's an old plastic cassette storage rack, I bought 12 of them from ebay for $1.25 each, you can lock them together both vertically and horizontally.  Unfortunately, the top slot is too narrow - the ink has a slight dome to it, but I bought them with room to grow and I still think they look pretty when filled.


If you want to use this idea, the lesson is to measure the ink pads very carefully against the slots.  Still, what I've shown you only cost $5 and I'm happy with the result - I even get somewhere to put all my glitters and Copics.

I promise to show you more when I finally get it sorted. Don't forget to leave a comment to be entered for my 10,000 hits celebratory give-away (more details here)

All the supplies for today's card are from Amuse Studio

stamps: friends fur-ever
paper: sugar, blush, cherry
ink: slate
misc: shell felt, shell polka dot ribbon, heart trio dies, envelope die

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Great storage idea! I bought a wooden cassette holder at goodwill for $3 to hold my ink pads. A muse pads fit perfect. I got lucky!

Sheila

Laura said...

This is awesome! It looks fabulous and extra storage on top!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...