Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sneak Peak - Number One

One of the perks of being a consultant, is that I had the opportunity to pre-order a small number of new items from the catalog, of course it was all so yummy I just had to get the whole lot! Seven new stamps sets, fourteen new papers, nine new inks, ribbons, glitters - I'm in heaven, BUT  the new Amuse Studio catalog comes out on February 1st and this causes me a problem - I can't possibly justify getting any more toys until I've played with the ones I've got!

I've come up with a solution in the form of a challenge for myself - if I can use everything at least once, before the new catalog comes out then I will allow myself even more treats.  Seems fair to me ...

Yesterday marked the start of a new One Layer Wednesday challenge - this week's challenge it to make a one layer birthday card for a man - you're killing me Susan, could you make it any harder?  You've already seen this Eiffel Tower stamp from me before - but it seemed perfect for the job.


Sorry about the distracting background, the light here is terrible today and it's not forecast to get any better for some days, still if it brings much needed rain I'll not complain.

I've always liked this quote, and it's perfect for a birthday card.  I stamped the Eiffel tower and the sentiment using the new Titian ink onto kraft card - I still can't get over the level of detail on this stamp and how cleanly it comes out.

Come back soon for another sneak peak, I'm going back to the craft room for another play, don't forget to leave a comment to be entered for my 10,000 hits celebratory give-away (more details here)

The supplies for this card are from Amuse Studio, although I'm afraid you'll have to wait until Feb 1st for the ink and stamps

stamps: come fly with me
paper: kraft
ink: titian

1 comment:

Susan Raihala said...

LOL, there is rarely anything easy about a one-layer card! That said, you nailed this one. Great placement, and the sentiment is fabulous with the image. Going to Paris and seeing the Eiffel tower in real life would definitely take my breath away!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...