Thursday, November 10, 2011

With enough caffeine anything is possible!

Whoever wrote that was clearly thinking of me - it could be my motto.  I'm still trying to clear the backlog of things that I made for the craft fair and never got around to sharing with you.  Today I have another year round gift card holder.



I always have one or two of these sitting in the cupboard to use as a last minute thank you, cheer up, or even birthday gift.

The base is a slightly odd size as it is made by cutting some pre-made kraft cards in half - I bought a vast number of them years ago for project that never happened, but it is roughly 4" x 3".  Only the left hand half of the circle is stuck down, so it acts as the catch for the wallet.

I stamped the coffee cup and beans on a 1 3/4" circle of vanilla and mounted it onto a 2" scalloped circle of slate. The 'belt' for the card measures 1" x 7 1/2".  the loose tab is 1" and the strip scored to fit around the card.  The inside pocket is 1" deep.  When you are putting it together, be sure to leave the tab and the right side of the circle unstuck.

To finish, chomp the right hand corners, add a sentiment, some more beans and a sentiment and put away safely for some greeting card emergency.

Thanks for looking in.

Supplies:
stamps: old amuse clear set
paper: old kraft card base (10 years old, from England!), sugar, slate
ink: memento black tuxedo, french roast

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...