Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dreams

When I saw this week's challenge on the clean and simple stamping blog, I have to confess to being somewhat over-awed by the simple beauty of Natasha's card so it's taken some time to come up with my own interpretation.

I keep my Amuse Studio stamp sets in a drawer, with the spines showing.  I don't worry too much about what order they are in, but I do put the them wrong way round i.e. with the writing upside down, this means that when I am stuck for ideas I can just leaf through them, looking at the images on the front.  When I saw the flowers in this set, I immediately knew what I was doing - I just love the sentiment (it's the main reason I got the set in the first place)



I stamped the three flowers onto a scrap of sugar card and punched them out using 1 3/4", 1 1/4",and 7/8" punches.

The card is 5 1/2" x 4 1/4", the blue strip is 5 1/2" x 1 1/2" and the orange strip is 5 1/2" x 2".  The circles are mounted with puffy tape.  It really doesn't get much easier than this.

I hope you like this card - I think I'm going to leave the stamp set out for a while and see what else I can up with.  See you soon.

All the supplies for this card are from Amuse Studio and are available here

stamps: clever girls
paper: sugar, ocean, orange polka dot
ink: ocean, sky, orange

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...