Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thinking of YOU

Hello, thanks for visiting My Paper Paradise. Today's card was hard work - as some of you know, in recent weeks I've been joining in the Clean and Simple Stamping Challenge.  Usually I find that this kind of challenge plays into the way my brain works and I come up with an idea really quickly which only needs a little tinkering with before I am happy with it.  This week was different, nothing came to mind immediately, I mulled over it for several days - still nothing and eventually sat down yesterday to meet the challenge - that's what they are there for after all, to push us a little outside our comfort zone.  Okay, I think I've lowered your expectations enough - this is what I came up with:




Since the juices really weren't flowing, I took the dimensions directly from the challenge, so we have

Standard Card: 4-1/4x5-1/2
Bottom Panel: 7/8x4-1/4
Mat Layer: 2-3/4x3-1/2
Tag: 2x2-3/4

I took one of the flowers from the friend to friend set and on of the coordinating sentiments, the image is coloured with copics - it's difficult to see in the photo but I used two toning colours to get a more realistic effect on the flowers. The tag is tied with onyx baker's twine.

Thanks for visiting, I hope to see you again soon.

All the supplies for this card are available from Amuse Studio and can be purchased here

stamps: friend to friend
paper: sugar, buttercup, lichen, buttercup gingham
ink: memento black tuxedo
misc: onyx baker's twine, copics - Y17, Y38

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...