Sunday, October 9, 2011

...all is glistening

I love being an Amuse Studio consultant - now when I take a stamping class, I can call it training!  On Friday I took a couple of classes with Cindi, one of the owners and creative designed at Savvy stamps, as always, I spent a lot of time thinking about how I could reinterpret the cards and skills using the stamps and supplies I had at home.



The card measures 5 1/2" x 3 1/2", which fits the small gingerbread house perfectly.  I had to get creative with the sentiment, it is from the essential sentiments set - yes I know all the sentiments are straight in that set, but if you get a squeaky clean acrylic block, you can gently bend a long thin sentiment and it will hold (and yes, it bends back when you are done!).  Try doing that with a wood mounted stamp!!

So, the first step was to stamp the houses and sentiment in slate, then the snowflakes in pebble and then you are ready for the messy part.  My preferred option (and definitely the least messy) would have been to run it through the Xyron face down, take the backing off and sprinkle with glitter, it gives a wonderfully even coating of glitter - unfortunately, my Xyron is too small.

The option I took was to take it outside and spray it with some 3M glue that was lurking in the back of a cupboard from a project I did with my son's fifth grade class (he is now in college).  This still gave an even coating.

Another. option is to spread it thinly and evenly with a coat of liquid cement, but I try to only use the method on smaller areas that are too big for my glue pen.  Whatever method you use, be sure to check it won't make the ink run before you commit to the whole card.

I think that the finished product is beautiful - definitely worth the lingering glitter particles - just how did it get on my tummy?

I hope you are having a splendid weekend, be sure to come back tomorrow when I will be joining my talented Amuse Studio up-line in a blog hop, it goes live at 8 am PST

All the supplies with the exception of the adhesive for the glitter are available from my Amuse Studio store

Supplies:
Stamps: jolly gingerbread, happy christmas, essential sentiments
paper: sugar
ink: slate, pebble
misc: diamond glitter, 3M spray adhesive

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...