Thursday, August 25, 2011

Congratulations Joe and Jenni

Last week I travelled back to England for my Niece's wedding.  It was a lovely ceromony, the bride looked gorgeous and everyone had a thoroughly good time.

I spent ages coming up with the perfect card for them, and with a week to go I still wasn't totally happy with it - but when I started on Plan B (finding a better shop bought card) I realised that perfect or not, it was the one to go with.


I used layers of white card, textured and one with a light sheen.

The first step was to stamp the chandelier in Dove Grey Staz On ink, masking off the tassels,  onto some textured white card, then punch out an oval using the green marvey punch.  Colour the image using copics and cover with prisma glitter.

Punch lots of flowers using the small (lime green) marvey punches.

And now for the assembly:

Make a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 bard base from textured card, using a lattice punch (fiskars) give the card a lacy edge.  Add a square of shiny white card wrapped with ribbon (again this had a shiny and textured finish).  Mount the oval panel and the flowers using puffy tape, and finally edge the oval in stickles.  Let it dry.

I always loved looking at cards with bows on, but when it came to making them myself, I was bow impaired - that was until I discovered the bow maker from Amuse Studio - just follow the instructions and you get a perfect bow every time.  The ribbon was actually applied in two pieces, first the vertical and then the bow itself.

I hope they liked it.


Supplies:
Stamp: Impression Obsession
Card: Paper Garden
Other: Copics (rose quartz, buttercup yellow), prisma glitter, stardust stickles, white ribbons, A|S ribbon maker

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...