Sunday, July 3, 2011

Birthday Book - Final Pages

Well it was a big project, but I'm delighted with how it turned out.  Choosing the image for November was easy, and I love the fact that this stamp by A Muse has the leaves on the side -it means that you can really give them that late Autumn feel by stamping them many times in varying shades of orange, brown and green and I have a little stack of Color Box inks that is perfect for the job.

November


Supplies:
Stamps: Amuse
Ink: Color Box

December

Choosing the images for December was way more difficult, I originally started stamping Christmas cards, and they are still my favourite kind of stamp to make.  I had so many stamps to choose from.  I eventually went for these super cute gingerbread men, partly because I have been wanting to try out the masking technique for some time.  I stamped the two images twice each, once on the card and once on the sticky part of a post-it note, I then cut out the two post-it images and stuck them over the images on the card - lining up carefully.  It was then easy to stamp the Christmas candy in red to form the background, pulling the post-it notes up to see the final product.


Supplies:
Stamps: A|S
Ink: A|S, Memento
Other: Copics

I hope all my American visitors have a wonderful and safe July 4th celebration.  I'll be back soon with some beachy creations.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...