Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Quick Valentine's Treat

Okay, so I suddenly realized yesterday that I simply had to get the treats off to my daughter in San Diego - I had 16 pillows, and 15 treat toppers ready but that still left me well short of the target total of 45, I had to come up with something and it had to be quick and only use supplies already in the house!  This is what I came up with:


Not bad for 1/2 hours work I reckon.  Each contains a Hershey's milk chocolate with almond bar, which I had over from a Christmas project.

The paper is from my pre-Amuse Studio days, probably Michaels, and I used a variety of shades of pink (out of necessity if I'm honest, but it worked).

The dimensions of the chocolate bars meant that it was possible to get 4 4/1/4" x 5 1/2" covers to a sheet.  The red hearts are left over from the toppers (whilst it is totally possible to separate out the the hearts in the hearts trio die set, I'm so terrified that I would then lose the small one that I prefer to keep them together and always cut all three every time - over time it works out  - and as an added benefit I usually have two sizes ready cut !)  Most of the medium pink hearts were also already cut for me.

I first wrapped the cover round the chocolate bar, without sticking and pressed the edges, I then stamped the XOXO in titian using the on broadway alphabet set into the central portion, added a sprinkling of stamped hearts in cherry using the heart from the tweet heart set, and attached the two felt hearts.  Apply your stickiest double sided tape to the underside of one long edge and wrap round the chocolate bar for the final time.

Supplies (Amuse Studio except for paper)

stamps: on broadway alphabet, tweetheart
paper: ?
ink: titian, cherry
misc: heart trio die, cherry felt, shell felt

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...