Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sweets for my sweet

So I realized yesterday that I only have a week to make treats for my eldest daughter's teammates  - and I haven't even settled on the design, let alone made them!  This is the first prototype - I like it, but I'll see what else I come up with over the next couple of days.


I just wish I could think of a way to make the shoes more 'shoe-y' - any ideas would be gratefully received.

The heart is a die cut (using Memory Box's cupid heart) from Amuse Studio bubblegum polka dot paper - this is being discontinued in the new catalog, but my sources tell me it is being replaced with a similar, smaller, more uniform dotted paper.  I then stamped the mustache and eyebrows (actually , another mustache, but upside down) from the foiled again set, this has also been retired, although it was still available this morning when I checked (the same source tells me that this is being replaced with another set featuring bigger mustaches).

The hat is made from onyx paper using one of the label dies, folded in half, the bottom strip is 1/2" wide and the curved ends cut by eye.  Googly eyes and a smile complete the face.

The legs are made from a single 1" x 8" cellophane treat bag filled with m&ms and folded at an angle in the middle - I added some extra sticky tape to the seal just to be extra safe.  The feet are made from 1" circles folded in half.

That's it for now, I'll be back with more sneak peaks and more valentines treats soon, in the meantime, don't forget to leave a comment to be entered for my 10,000 hits celebratory give-away (more details here)

Supplies:

stamps: amuse studio foiled again
paper: Amuse studio onyx, bubblegum polkadot
ink: memento black tuxedo
misc: copic multi-liner, googly eyes, 1" x 8" cellophane treat bag, m&ms

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...