Monday, January 9, 2012

Another embossing challenge

Hello there, I'm sorry this is a bit late  ...but better late than never?  This week's challenge over at the Amuse Studio Challenge Blog is adhesive heat embossing.   Because I see the challenge in advance so that I can prepare the samples, I get no pictures to help, although this week there was a helpful hint -"just pour embossing powder on any of our adhesives and heat as usual".

As last week, I had plenty of time to plan, little time to enact, but some kind of graphic image kept coming into my head.


I applied strips of double sided sticky tape across the card, making sure I left room for the sentiment, which I stamped using versamark.  A liberal dusting of gold embossing powder, a quick flick on the back and a zap with the heat tool, and it was done.

Some tips:
A) make should you wipe the surface with anti static, with this quantity of sticky stuff and embossing powder it's really easy to get fingerprint
B) plan on a piece of scratch paper first, once the tape touches the paper there is no turning back.

I really like the effect of the embossing powder on the tape, it's not as smooth as the effect you get using versamark or ink.  I think when things settle down a bit here and a little tweaking I will make a couple of sets of these to sell at upcoming craft fairs.

Do visit the challenge blog to see what everyone else came up with.

All the supplies for this card are from Amuse Studio and are available here

stamps: essential sentiments
paper: sugar
ink:: versamark
misc: double sided sticky tape, gold embossing powder

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...