Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Santa's Little Helpers

Hello, are you looking for a quick treat that works for anyone?  I think I have the answer, after all, who DOESN'T like chocolate?



I made these for the children that helped out Santa at a school event, green ones for the elves and a red one for the man himself.  My daughter liked them so much that we made another 36 last night for her friends at school, and it really didn't take us much more than an hour (including my time to go and buy the chocolate!)

If you are anything like me, anything that involves too much brainpower at this time of year is just too much - so here is a very precise ingredients list.

Ingredients:

1 1.55 oz bar Hershey's milk chocolate
coat - 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" red (cranberry) or green (sage), scored at 1 1/2", 1 3/4", 4", 4 1/4"
buttons - 1/2" punch (onyx)
beard - 2" scalloped circle (sugar) - blue marvy
belt - 2 1/4" x 3/4" (onyx), 1" x 1" (gold shimmer), 3/4" x 3/4" (onyx)
label - 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" scalloped square (sugar) - blue marvy
stamp - candy cane wishes

Obviously, this is really easy to adapt to any size of chocolate bar - look for one with a square shape, it's the crisp, clean fold lines that really make it work (and I speak from experience here, I tried it with almond bars - a mess!)

Get everything ready, stamp the greeting and then you can start your assembly.  Wrap the coat really tightly around the chocolate bar, add the collar, buttons and belt, then tuck the greeting under the belt at a jaunty angle.  Who wouldn't smile on being given one of these?

All the materials - except the chocolate! - for this project are from Amuse Studio and can be purchased here.

Have a wonderful day, and do pop back and see me soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...