Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Crackers

Well, the holidays are another week closer, I only hope you are feeling more in control than I am.  So much to do, so little time ... I did however find time to help out a neighbor who was looking for an idea for a token gift to give each of the children in her kindergarten class, as luck would have it I had recently taken delivery of the winter wishes stamp set and this was a good enough excuse to ink it up.  A single photograph was not possible so I have three, one of each side.





Cute, quick and the perfect size for a few Hershey's kisses. I have put the template for the cracker at the bottom of this post.  The only essential tool is the 1" circle punch (and if I'm honest, if you are making several, an old Christmas movie to watch while you punch out all those circles.

Dimensions:
grass polka dot - 6" x 5 1/2" scored and circles punch as below.
candy candy - 1 1/4" x 3 1/4"
vanilla - 1" x 3"

The trick is to score the base first, then it is easy to line up the holes - it really doesn't matter if they are a little off once you've tied the ribbon.

The images come with sentiments attached, whilst I'm sorely tempted to cut them off, for this purpose it was relatively easy to only ink up the image - if you want to be extra safe you could tape over text before stamping.  Both the penguins and the mittens were stamped to fill the space.

That's all I have time for today - be sure to visit the Amuse Studio Challenge Blog on Sunday night/ Monday morning - it's my turn to host, so I've got that nervous, excited feeling in the pit of my stomach at the moment.

All the materials for today's post are from Amuse Studio and are available here

stamps: winter wishes, snow crystals
paper: candy cane, vanilla, grass polka dot
ink: memento black tuxedo, sky
misc: cherry stitched grosgrain ribbon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...