Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thinking of you

It's One Layer Wednesday challenge time again.  This week, the challenge is to make a one layer card for someone going through a battle with cancer.

I approach these challenges by reading the 'assignment', then I look through my stamps looking for inspiration.  So while I'm looking through the stamps I'm thinking of the people in my life that have fought cancer, and in my head I'm looking for a card for one of them.  I was actually looking to see if I had an appropriate sentiment for a flowery card when I saw this monkey stamp and the 'hang in there' sentiment.  I immediately thought of the daughter of a dear friend of mine who was diagnosed with leukemia at the age of 6, she went through some really tough times and this card would have been perfect.  She was one of the lucky ones and has been clear for 15 years now.


I coloured the monkey with water colour pencils, and then brushed over with a slightly wet brush to get a nice depth of colour. Guaranteed to get a giggle

Supplies:
Stamps: the mighty jungle
Paper: sugar
Ink: french roast, lichen
misc: watercolour pencils

Then I went back and read the instructions again, 'make a card for someone going through tough times AND sent it' and I always tell my children to read the question properly!  So, here we have take two - for a good neighbour and friend who is determined not to go down without a fight.


This was one of those 'I NEED that' stamps, so pretty, like an exotic daffodil.  This one definitely fits the challenge, and while it make not induce giggles, it is sure to bring a smile to her face.

Supplies:
Stamps: Jacobean (prickleypear.com)
Paper: sugar
Ink: cranberry, slate, shell

All the supplies for these cards, with the exception of the flower stamp, are from Amuse Studio and can be bought here

I hope you liked this extra post, I'll see you again tomorrow

4 comments:

Mynn xx said...

I love both, but that second one is simply gorgeous!

Pauline said...

Really liked both cards. That little monkey is so cute and a perfect sentiment.

G Peplow said...

Two brilliant cards, the first is great because of the cheeky monkey and wonderful sentiment and the second is simply beautiful :0) Gay xxx

Deborah Frings said...

I think the first card with the monkey is just fabulous - great sentiment too. The second card is just beautiful!

I know what you mean about reading things properly!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...