Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Muchas Grass-ias

I know - it's a terrible pun - I think that's why I like it!  I was of two minds whether to show you this card, I had thoughts of slipping it into the box for the craft fair and seeing what reaction it got there first (sometimes my least favorite cards are the biggest sellers), but my daughter walked in and LOVED it, so here goes:



I'm on an ongoing mission to increase my stocks of more masculine cards, so when I saw this set from
Amuse Studio, I thought I'd give it a go.  Boy is it hard work, but I'm getting there.

I first stamped the lawn mower onto a scrap of sugar card, I coloured it with Copics and cut it out leaving a small border.  I was checking the scrap pile for a piece of green card and found this gingham - perfect (and I didn't even have to cut into a new sheet!).  Using the Martha Stewart grass edge punch I cut the grass and then trimmed the left portion for the 'mowed' part.  The grass was mounted onto sugar card, the mower attached with puffy tape, the corny sentiment stamped - and it still needed something - a papaya sun and some crystal clear glaze on the wheels and I was happy.



Come back tomorrow for more gingham and another card using this set .

Supplies for this project are available here with the exception of the Martha Stewart grass edger, a similar effect could be achieved using the grass die from Amuse Studio.

Supplies
Stamps: hey man!, make a scene
Paper: lichen, french roast, sugar, grass gingham
Ink: memento black tuxedo, papaya
Misc: crystal clear glaze, Copics - 0, W2, 110, R29, YG23, W4

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...