Monday, October 17, 2011

Halloween Pillow Treats

My eldest daughter is at U.C. San Diego, regular care packages are a must, and every so often I send treats for her and her friends - room mates, team mates etc.  I am probably a little late with the Halloween parcel - so last week I got a phone call to ask if I was planning on sending Halloween treats this year - because the team were asking about them and she wanted to let them down gently if not!  Motivation duly applied, I sat down this weekend to make nearly 100 treats, 75 are San Diego bound, a few for my son, also at college (really he just wants the candy, I just put in a couple of the cute packages as well because otherwise I feel bad about treating them differently!) and the rest for my youngest's school friends - she did help, after all.

I can't make that many of the same treat, so we made 4 different kinds - I will show one a day this week, starting with the only one I had enough supplies to completely finish (hurry up Mr Postman and bring me my Amuse Studio order so that I can finish the rest!).  A huge thank you is due to Stephanie at The Paper Garden in Sacramento for the inspiration.



Isn't it sweet?  It contains four See's foil wrapped pumpkins, which fit perfectly (so they won't get squished on the way to San Diego)  And look how great they look en masse in my metal fruit bowl.  If I have time I'm going to make some more in Christmas colours, extra treats for guests over the holidays.


The pillows are made from two 3 1/2" circles, scored (I have put the template at the bottom of this post) and glued. Now there is a story to the trim for the belly bands -  I had seen this really sweet owl trim at The Paper Garden, which I knew would be perfect for this pillows, when I asked Steph where she kept it, she didn't know what I was talking about, I showed her the project where I had seen it and it turns out it is a Martha Stewart skull and cross bone trim punch - but if you look at it the wrong way up, it's owls- now that's what I call multi-function!!!

Anyway, to return to the pillows, the belly bands were punched in contrasting card, labels stamped and the whole thing assembled using doubled sided tape.  A tiny piece of onyx baker's twine attaches the label to the pillow.

Phew, that turned out to be a very long post for such a simple project - I hope you are still with me!  Come back tomorrow for some more spooky goodness

The supplies for the project are from Amuse Studio unless otherwise noted.

Supplies
Stamps: haunted, legacy woodblock stamp sentiment from Amuse
Paper: A|S orange, onyx, cobalt, vanilla polka dots in orange, onyx, grass, and sage,
           Amuse polka dot purple 
Ink: memento black tuxedo
Misc: double sided sticky tape, onyx baker's twine


Cut, punch or use a die to get two 3 1/2" circles in your heaviest card stock.  Use on circle to mark out four equal segments, as show.  Cut along arcs to get your scoring template.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...