Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Makenna

Yesterday, I told you about the difficulties I was having making the perfect card for a sweet little girl who is turning two.  Makenna will have her card by now, so I can share what I finally came up with:



This time I started with the Amuse Studio 2011 Catalogue and Inspiration Guide, if you are ever stuck for ideas this is a fantastic place to start.  If you would like me to send you a paper copy, then let me know.  This is my take on the card on page 92, and the first time I've used buttons on a card.  I didn't want to copy it exactly, and in any case, I don't have all the stamps (yet!), so I used this cute Skunk from a Hero Arts clear set, and an old Amuse stamp for the sentiment.  I think it looks good - although in a perfect world it would have had more of me and less Inspiration guide in it!!!

Don't forget my 1000th visitor celebratory giveaway, (click here for more details) and be sure to come back tomorrow at 9.00pm PST when I will be joining some of my fellow Amuse Studio consultants in a blog hop featuring items from the new holiday catalogue - you definitely won't want to miss this one!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts (Woodland Creatures), Amuse (Sentiment)
Card: A|S cloud, watermelon
Ink:  memento black tuxedo
Embellishments:buttons (AMuse Studio) The Twinery,

1 comment:

Sue D said...

Very cute--I like the cloud background and the buttons as balloons.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...