Monday, July 18, 2011

Flutter by Butterfly

I've just spent a wonderful day stamping with my friends - lots and lots of practise at water colouring.  I'm still not convinced it's my style (I prefer a cleaner, simpler look), but other people seem to like the cards I'm producing.  This first card is the first without Dave standing by my side, not bad I think


Supplies:
Stamps: Memory Box, Hero Arts, Amuse
Ink: Memento, Versamark
Other: Judikins Gold Detail, Gold and cinnamon stickles

The first step was to make the beautiful butterfly, I stamped the image from Memory Box onto water colour paper, used water colour pencils to apply the navy and yellow details and then applied a wash of pearlescent water colour, cutting out was easy - if time consuming!  Then it was onto the Hero Arts flower, I embossed the image in gold onto water colour paper, painted the petals and when it was completely dry added the stickle centre.  The butterfly curled slightly during the painting/ cutting process and I just applied adhesive down its body, allowing it to flutter above the flower.  A sentiment from Amuse and all I had to do was mount on toning shades of green card stock.

I made lots more cards today that I will share with you as the week progresses, please do drop by later to see how I got on.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...