Friday, November 4, 2011

So elegant ..

 All this week I have been looking at ways of presenting gift cards in a way that will please the recipient as much as the gift itself.  Today's offering will have a year round appeal, Amuse Studio's coordinating card stock makes it so easy to get the colour match - I can't wait for my refill order of bermuda plain and polka dots to make another variation. (Monday: I have updated post with additional photo directions - hopefully all is clearer now!)


Isn't it beautiful?  As usual I've put a sketch at the bottom, but I think this time the words are definitely going to be easier to follow

  1. Using the base colour (ocean shimmer) cut a rectangle 5 1/2" x 4 1/2", score and fold pattern in at the 2 3/4" mark to get a rectangle 4 1/2" x 2 3/4".

  2. At the open edge, measure in 1/2" at each end and mark with a small dot, then using a paper cutter slice off the small triangle when you join this point to the bottom corner - through both layers.

Put a small dot 1/2" from edge edge

Trim off small triangle (both sides)
    3. Cut the small rectangle (4" x 2 1/2")  in the contrast pattern (ocean damask shimmer), score and fold in half length-ways.  Attach to back of purse.

  4. Cut another rectangle 1" x 4 1/2" in the base colour to hold the gift card, attach inside and then trim off corners to fit.
a) Attach pocket to inside
b) Overhang trimmed off.


  5. Punch two small holes in the top for the ribbon, thread ribbon through and secure with a small knot at each end.

  6. Attach flower trim with a brad such that it holds the purse closed.

I hope you can follow this - with hindsight, I think a few more pictures would have been useful - I will come back on Monday and add some - you are now reading the updated post!!!!.  All the supplies for this project are from Amuse Studio and are listed at the end of this post


Tomorrow (Saturday 5th) I have the first of two craft fairs I am participating in this year - wish me luck - and if you live in the Roseville, California area why not pop in and see me.  The craft fair is at Oakmont High School from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m.and is raising much needed funds for the Girls soccer team, why not come and support a good cause and get some of your holiday shopping done at the same time.

Also, for those of you in the Roseville area, I have just posted my class schedule - just click the tab at the top of the page.  If these dates don't fit into your calendar, why not have a workshop in your own home - invite a few friends and we'll make a few projects - the upside for you is that you get to take advantage of AMuse Studio's generous hostess benefits - it's easy, fun, and I do all the work!.

I'm guessing, (alright - kind of hoping!), that I'm going to be exhausted after the craft fair, so I'm going to spend Sunday with my family - I'll see you Monday.

Supplies:
paper: ocean shimmer - plain and damask
Misc: onyx mini brad, sugar polka-dot ribbon, paper flowers - petite daisies and cosmos (both are included in the meadow mix pack too)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...