Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thinking of You

While I was browsing the clean and simple stamping site yesterday, I came across this second challenge, while I didn't had time to make it yesterday - I knew immediately which stamp I wanted to use, in a riff on the card on the front cover of the main A|S catalog.


I think I'm going to become a regular viewer of this blog - so much inspiration and all in one place!

Since it was a sketch challenge, I started with the main panel and stamped the foliage, then, very, very carefully I inked up just one of the poppies (it comes with a bud attached), and stamped it twice.  I used my Copics to colour - my first attempt at shading using Copics - not too bad if I do say so myself (although if I'm totally honest, this is one of those rare occasions when it looks better in the photo!).

Since slate is my go to colour of the moment, it was an obvious choice for the mount, buttercup brought out the colour of the poppies. Vanilla card would have been too bright on the sentiment strip, so I found a more neutral latte.


That's it - I hope you liked it.  Come back and see me soon.

All the supplies I used to create this card came from Amuse Studio and are available here.


stamps: friend to friend, essential sentiments
paper: buttercup, vanilla, slate, latte
ink: memento black tuxedo, lemon whip
misc: Copics - Y13, Y15, Y17

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...