Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Quick Holiday Treat

I've had this idea of putting blue and white candy into a treat bag and topping it with a snowflake for a couple of years, but I couldn't find the candy to put in it, whilst shopping at Target recently I found these red and white, white chocolate mint m&m's and suddenly realised that my idea would work with a red and white colour scheme too.  I've sold 50 of them at the last two craft fairs within an hour of opening.


and here is a closer look at the toppers.


They really are quick to make - I'm going to wrap my presents in kraft paper this year, tie them with red and white ribbon and use these as gift toppers, I'll try and remember to take a photo for you.

The snowflakes were punched from sugar and cherry card using the purple marvy punch - I love the delicate look of the Amuse Studio die cut snowflakes, but for this project I needed something a little more robust (and the fact that I could watch a chick flick with my daughter while I was punching them out was an added bonus!).

I stamped the sentiment (from mini holiday messages - 30% off through 16th December - see yesterday's post) in cherry onto 7/8" circles (punched out for the same reason), which I attached to the centre of the snowflake with puffy tape.  You can't see it in the photo but I then edged the circle with diamond glitter - you can't have too much bling at Christmas can you? 

I used a scalloped circle (marvy yellow) of sugar or cherry folded in half at the top of the bag so that I had something to attach the topper to. 

I tied the whole thing together with cherry bakers twine.

The stamps, paper, ink, twine and bags are all available from my online store here



1 comment:

Laura said...

These are darling. I might have to use this idea for my shows next year. I am finished for this year and did very well with all my treats I made. Thanks for the inspiration Karen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...