Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Luncheon Invite

The International Baccalaureate program at my daughter's school is in its early years, the teachers are everything a parent could hope for - knowledge, enthusiastic, hard working and dedicated - in taking on new responsibilities as teachers within the program they have demonstrated their lifelong love of learning.  I hope they all know how much they are appreciated the whole year round, but once a year, I get a chance to show them - on behalf of the IB parents club, - I have invited them to a luncheon as a token of our gratitude - I enjoy cooking as much as I enjoy stamping.  I have yet to decide the menu, but the invitations went out today - well I couldn't pass up an opportunity to stamp now, could I?

The invite itself is very heavily inspired (should I say copied?) by an invite I made some years back at a class by the wonderful Stephanie at The Paper Garden in Sacramento.


Pull out the invite and you can see I carried the theme right through



I used some pale blue shimmery card stock from my stash, I think it probably came from The Paper Garden, but I can't be sure, folded into a simple pocket which is held together with sugar organdy ribbon.  Assorted shell in french roast, fern and titian complete the pocket. I had to play a bit to get the colours right - the card really changed the how the inks looked.  For the invite itself I used sky, lichen and latte for the shells.  The end result was I think pretty enough for the ladies without being too 'girlie' for the men!


If you have a special event coming up and would like to make it even more special by sending handmade invites why not contact me and see what we can come up with?  I can help you with the design and help you buy the supplies needed or indeed make them as well and deliver them ready for posting in plenty of time for the event.

Supplies (all available from my online store unless otherwise noted)
stamps: sea shells, life's a breeze
paper: sugar, pale blue double-sided shimmer (source unknown)
ink: french roast, fern, titian, sky, lichen, latte
misc: sugar organdy ribbon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...