Friday, April 20, 2012

A Little Something Extra for a very Special Lady

A few months ago I donated a free class for four as part of a basket for a crab feed to raise money for my daughter's school.  I just found out it was won by the organizer of the event.  This lady puts in hour upon hour to make the event a huge success, and the school and parents are very lucky to have her - and very grateful too.  I couldn't be more pleased that it was her.  I want to make her class as special as she is - so in addition to the four cards she was promised we are going to make this cute little gift box


She asked for a Mother's Day theme and I think this will fit in perfectly.  I'm not usually one to toot my own horn, but isn't it just adorable?  I'm so pleased with myself on this one :)

The finished box is roughly about 3 3/4" high, 3" wide and 1 1/4" deep, it is made using the fry box die from, you guessed it, Amuse Studio!  I am coveting all the 3 D dies in the new catalog, at the moment I only have this one but I'm getting good use out of it, tomorrow I'll show you, a little late granted, the Easter treats I made for the girls on the UCSD distance track team.

Anyway, back to today's post, I started by stamping the flowers from the sunny side of life set onto a scrap of card in burano, I then lined up the 2 3/8" circle from the nestabilities large set with the part of the image I wanted, taped it down with some Washi tape and ran it through the machine, I then ran it through I second time with embossing pads to get that beautiful edge detail.  Some burano satin ribbon and a burano butterfly decorated with two shell pearls complete the package. (the circle is mounted with puffy tape to get that extra dimension.

The box itself was assembled using super-stick red double-sided tape, this tape is perfect for assembly 3 D projects - it's backed with red so you can see where you are putting it, the backing comes of easily, AND you don't come back a couple of days later and find that the project has "popped", if you've not tried it you really should give it ago.

I do hope it gives her as much pleasure as it has already given me.  If you live Roseville, California area do check out my class schedule, if you can't make the time / day listed let me know and we will see what we can do.

All the supplies needed to make this project are from Amuse Studio and are available 24/7 from my online store here (if your order exceeds $150, contact me direct and I will make sure you get your free stuff)

stamps: sunny side of life
paper: sugar, burano, bellini
ink: burano
misc: fry box die, butterfly trio die set, shell pearl stickers, burano satin ribbon, puffy tape, super-stick red double-sided tape

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...