Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It's Mardi Gras time!

Hi everyone, today's post is my (late) example for the challenge over on the Amuse Studio Challenge Blog site.  This week Toby has set us the challenge of making a card using green, yellow, and purple - not a colour combination in my comfort zone, but flush with inspiration from an amazing class with Julie Ebersole at The Paper Garden last Friday, I took one of her designs for an off-set gate fold butterfly card and totally changed it up to fit the colour scheme and stamps I had in mind.


and as you open it



and a little more


I'm not just pleased with this one, I LOVE it, and yes, you could make it as a standard card but this is just SO awesome!

To get the off set gate, take a standard 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and score at 1 1/4 and  5/ 1/2, fold very carefully to get and exact fit. Attach the side panel of  rialto pattern card stock (5 1/2 x 1 1/4)

I first stamped the cupcakes onto two scraps of lido pattern and cut out (although I only wanted the case, because the cupcakes are 'free standing' I kept the top so that I would have a base to attach the icing), I stamped the icing twice using lido onto a scrap of sugar, cut out and attached to the cupcakes.  Attach, one to each side of the card.

Stamp the sentiment onto a 3 x 1 1/4 scrap rialto using versamark, dust with white embossing powder and heat set.  Attach to card

Stamp greeting inside using grape.

There you are, not difficult at all, and so impressive in person I don't think my photos on this murky day do it justice.

All the supplies for this card are from Amuse Studio and are available here.

stamps: hey, cupcake
paper: rialto plain and pattern, lido pattern, sugar, grape
ink: memento black tuxedo, lido, grape, versamark
misc: white embossing powder

3 comments:

J said...

This is a great take on the off-set gate-fold, Karen! And, what a great birthday card this makes, too!

Julie Ebersole said...

Oops! My fingers slipped on the keyboard! LOL! It's me, Julie!

AmethystCat said...

super duper cute! love the gate fold variation - awesome card!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...