Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It's here! It's here! (and I did it!)

Did you see the link to the new catalog on the right?  At last you get the chance to see what I've been going on about for the last few weeks.  If you would like your very own paper copy then drop me a line and I will send you one for $5 plus $5 shipping (if necessary).

Some of you will remember that when I took delivery of a rather large pre-order from the catalog (one of the many perks of being a consultant!) I made a commitment to myself that I would use all the stamps before I made another order - the target being that I would complete the exercise before the catalog went live and new items became available.  Well I'm delighted to say I did it (I'm afraid my husband and bank manager may be less pleased!) - I have two cards to show you today from the last two stamp sets.

The first is a birthday card for my son - he often complains that the cards I make for him are either not manly enough or are too 'grandma-ish'.  I'm hoping that this one will fit the bill perfectly:



I stamped the numbers from the big celebrations set in rialto, added the onyx twine and that was it - simple but classy (& even a 19 year old should be able to appreciate it!).



The second card features the on broadway alphabet - the card measures 8 1/2" x  3 3/4" and will fit in a standard  #10 envelope.  I stamped the letters in titian on a 1 1/2" strip of the new lido card, mounted it on a 1 3/4" strip of titian card and mounted the whole thing on a rialto pattern base - not complicated at all, but effective.

Here's a tip for lining up the letters if you don't have a stamp position-er - make sure the stamps are squeaky clean, put the top of a ruler along the line where you want the base of the letters to lie and push the letters up against it to line them up how you want them - the stamps will slightly overhang the ruler, but this means that the letters are aligned and not the mounts.  Push an acrylic block up against the letters, remove the rule, ink and stamp - in this case I had to separate out 'thank' and 'you'. 

What's on your wish list?  Do remember that if your order exceeds $150 you should contact me directly so that we can make sure we get you all your free stuff!

Come back tomorrow for the Amuse Studio consultants blog hop - this month's theme is the new catalog and I can't wait to see what my fellow consultants have dreamed up.

All the supplies needed to make today's projects and are available (now!) here

stamps: big celebrations, on broadway alphabet
paper: sugar, lido, titian, rialto pattern
ink: rialto, titian
misc: onyx baker's twine

1 comment:

AmethystCat said...

fantastic cards!!! I think the first definitely works for masculine! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...