Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Wow, 2012.  I wish you all a wonderful, happy, healthy and prosperous New Year - with plenty of time and inspiration for stamping and other crafty projects!

It may be New Years Day, but it's also Sunday - so that means it's time for another challenge over at the Amuse Studio Challenge Blog.  This weeks theme is heat embossing, one of my favorite techniques - I don't think I will ever tire of watching it 'pop' as I apply the heat.

This weeks card was always going to have to be a quick one - with my two eldest back from college and my stamping supplies packed up in boxes and distributed around the house so that my daughter could have her bedroom back for the holidays - I had to plan the whole thing in my head - and then hope I would be able to find the supplies and tools necessary to put it together.  Luckily, I was able to find everything and make the card in about 20 minutes (Note to self - a little bit of planning can go a long way!)

Anyway, the card:


A bit of a cheat really - all the hard work is done by the co-ordinating shimmer papers from Amuse Studio.  I think this would make a great golden wedding card - when I have more time, and easier access to supplies, I will find the perfect sentiment for inside, and maybe see if some gold shimmer ribbon would add anything, but for now I'm happy.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to get back into posting most, if not every day.  The wonderful chaos that is Christmas and a full house has meant that I have been somewhat remiss over recent weeks.  It will change I promise - but maybe not completely until all children are back in school / back in college.

All of the supplies for this card are from Amuse Studio, and can be purchased from my web-store here

stamps: celebrate in style
paper: gold shimmer, sugar shimmer, gold damask shimmer
ink: versamark
misc: gold embossing powder

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Love this gold card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...