Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Happy Accident!

I'll be straight up with you, I didn't design this card, it just happened.  I made it last Sunday when I was making my card for the Amuse Studio Challenge Blog challenge - stamp on anything but paper.  This was going to be my base layer, then I was going to add a layer of silky, transparent voile ribbon with stamped flowers from the charming gardeners set - it was a total failure - way too busy and you couldn't really see the flowers as the green leaves were too dark (click here to see what I actually came up with - the concept was good, it was just my first application that was flawed - you need paler leaves and solid flowers)

Anyway, it was late, I desperately needed to finish the card and get it posted, so I laid it all out in a bid to convince myself it would do - to my great surprise I found I HAD made a card that I really liked if I just left off the ribbon layer and here it is


Inside I stamped Thank You.

I stamped the leaves in grass, using first and second generation images to get the layered effect.  The quote is attributed to Marcel Proust in the stamp set, and were I to make this card again I would leave him on, but in the cards original incarnation it was not going to work.  I stamped it in titian ink, in the few weeks I've had this ink it had become a firm favorite - softer and warmer than straight black, I love how it looks for sentiments.

I'll be back tonight - it's my turn to host over on the Amuse Challenge Blog - so I will see you then.

All supplies for this card are from Amuse Studio, those marked with a * will not be available until February 1st - can you stand the suspense?

stamps: charming gardeners*
paper: fern, grape*, sugar
ink: grass, titian*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...