Thursday, January 12, 2012

Come fly with me

At last my family is returning to some approaching normal - I don't think my household ever actually gets there!

This means that I'm managing to catch up on all my challenges.  It can be overwhelming when you want to make a card, but have no particular occasion in mind, I find a good challenge helps give me a direction (even if sometimes it also makes me a little uncomfortable).  The challenge I picked for today's card is a layout from Cleaning and Simple Stamping - I didn't follow it exactly - I don't have scalloped rectangles or circles of the right size - but I think it's close enough.


For all the layers, it is still a clean and simple card.

The balloon is from love conquers all, one of the sets featured in this months spotlight, this was its first outing for me and I  love it.  My first step was to punch a 2" circle and stamp the red balloon, I also stamped the sticky part of a post-it which I used to make a mask so that the purple balloon would appear to be behind.  Then it was just a question of mounting it all up, I used puffy tape for the circle, partly because the extra dimension adds something to the card, and to be honest, partly because it wouldn't lie flat over the twine!

The balloon comes with a sentiment attached (your love keeps lifting me!), but the layout wasn't right for this card.  The sentiment I picked is from a set of the same name in the new catalog, which has a vintage travel theme - perfect for this card.

All the supplies needed to make this card are from Amuse Studio and can be purchased here - you will have to wait until February 1st when the new catalog comes out to purchase the come fly with me set

stamps: love conquers all, come fly with me
paper: sugar, eucalyptus, clouds
ink: cranberry*, blackberry, memento black tuxedo
misc: onyx bakers twine

* cranberry is on the retiring list and so is only available while stocks last - a good substitute would be cherry

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...