Monday, November 21, 2011

Take time to taste the snowflakes

Some time ago I remember seeing a card on someones blog with a snowman looking up into the sky - if this was you - thank you, you were the inspiration for my card for this weeks Clean and Simple Stamping challenge, and what better sentiment for a snowman looking up into a snowy sky than 'take time to taste the snowflakes'?


I started by heat embossing the Hero Arts magical background stamp with white embossing powder - I'd forgotten how cool this stamp is.  Two punched circles for the snowman body and head, onyx pearls for the eyes and mouth and a scrap of orange for his nose.  Fittingly, I made the arms by cutting two of the limbs off a black snowflake and trimming away the excess prongs. Some buttercup gingham for the banner and a couple of punched snowflakes and sugar pearls finish the card.  I like it, but my daughter says the snowman is creepy!

I hope you enjoyed your visit, do come again soon.

Supplies
stamps: hero arts - magical background, amuse studio - chill of winter
paper: amuse studio - sugar, sky, buttercup gingham, sugar shimmer, onyx
ink: memento black tuxedo
misc: - onyx pearls, sugar pearls, white embossing powder

1 comment:

Shelli Deckard said...

this one is my favorite! Adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...