Monday, September 12, 2011

One Layer Wednesday!

A quick glance through my blog will tell you that I don't DO one layer cards - it's not that I don't like them, I do - when other people make them!  Something always seems to go wrong when I try - either there is too much white space or I mess up stamping the sentiment and smush it ruining the whole card.

Last week though I was inspired to give it another go by this card created by my wonderful up-line Krystie Hersch for the OLW challenge, in her write up she mentions the need to 'ground the image'.  This may be old news to you, but it was a light bulb moment for me.  Here is what I came up with:



Stamp, stamp , stamp and the tiniest amount of Copics and I was done.  I have to confess to being more than a little proud of this one - I was well outside my comfort level and it worked - well I think so anyway.

You will notice that I didn't smush the sentiment.  Coincidentaly I got this awesome tip last week from Lara at Amuse Studio:

If you are stamping a thin sentiment or a tiny image using a cling or cling stamp, ink it up as usual then place a second, clean image from the same set beside it and then stamp.  The second image stabilises the block and no smushing - YAY!

That is it for today - come back soon - I have lots more to share!

Shari B. if you are reading this - you have until midnight on Wednesday 14th to claim your prize.  Please email me with your address.

 All supplies are Amuse Studio

stamps: sleepy sighs, ovalicious
card: sugar
ink: slate, shell
other: copics - Y13, BG10, RV10

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I feel exactly the same way about one layer cards - why are they so intimidating? I can't figure it out, but you did a wonderful job! And I am inspired to give it another try...I'll let you know how it works out. (:

Michelle said...

Karen, you're right, this worked beautifully! I'm the same with one layer cards, but I love the look so much I just keep on trying. :-)

Carol said...

Adorable card! There are no better "grouders" than those A Muse ovals...love 'em! Thanks, too, for the great "smushing" tip!

Laura said...

I love that baby crib stamp so much. I have used it so many times and never once thought to just stamp it right on the card.....just darling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...