Thursday, September 29, 2011

Graduation

I made this card for a recent OLW challenge - to use the sentiment as the focal point of the card, although my recent computer issues meant I missed the deadline to share it there.  I'm still trying the withstand the urge to add another layer, using the background stamp certainly helped frame the sentiment.  If you are squeamish about 'naked' buttons please look away now!


This set by Amuse Studio immediately came to mind as I read the challenge, and this colour combination (lichen, currant) is one of my all time favourites.

The card is 5 1/2' x 5 1/2' and the first thing I did was to cut myself a mask to use with the harlequin background stamp - the hole was 4" square.  A small black pearl and a button and ribbon seal complete the look.

Well, that's day two of my personal post-a-day challenge, do pop back tomorrow to see what I have in store for you. (And don't forget the blog hops on Saturday and Sunday)

Most of the supplies for this card can be purchased here with exception of the graduation hat and scrap of ribbon. Amuse Studio do have a graduation set (conGRADulations) with a cap which would have been even better - it's now on my ever growing wish list.

Supplies:
Stamps: harlequin background, happy everything, hat (stamps n' more)
Paper: vanilla
Ink: lichen,current,memento black tuxedo
Misc: onyx button, onyx  pearl, scrap ribbon (no idea where it came from, I'm such a hoarder!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...