Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Water Colour Cards

 A week ago I went on a fabulous water colour class and at last, the camera has cooperated and I get to share a couple of cards I made using some more of the new techniques I learned.  This first one is I think my favourite of the bunch.

I started by using a sponge dauber and some Goosebumps to 'ink' up the beautiful blossom stamp by Memory Box (actually it's called 'Birch Branch Print" - but I see blossom!) and stamped it in the corner or a piece of water colour paper.  I then left if overnight to dry.  Then, I brushed water over the whole sheet and then applied Hot Cinnamon Twinkling H2O's starting in the top right corner.  I then left it to dry overnight,  and then heat embossed the Amuse cardinal in white.  I then mounted it onto A|S card.  I think it's really Christmassy, but with a change in image it would be beautiful for spring too.

Pink Perfection!

In this second card i have for you today, I took a slightly different approach - I took a piece of water colour paper and heat embossed the trees (Memory Box) and moon (Amuse) in white, adding a line beneath the trees in a glaze pen, which took the embossing powder reasonably well - I used to have a pen that dispensed something like versamark to add details like that, but it appears to have vanished - if anyone knows where I could get one, please let me know - thanks.  Anyway, back to the card, I then applied a wash of blue and purple pearlescent paint to the sky. At this point the bottom layer was far to grey, so I lightened it up with some pink.

Snow Scene

Well that's all for today, I hope you liked today's - not bad for my first attempt at 'flying solo' if I say so myself!  Please do visit again soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...