Thursday, June 9, 2011

Coffee and Donuts anyone?

Sometimes the Muse is slow to come.  I start making a card with an image in my head, but I just can’t make it work on paper – but it gets there eventually.  My daughter, Sophie, was sent this card for her birthday at the beginning of April, and I just had to copy the idea.



After several weeks of trawling local shops and the internet for a really big cupcake stamp, I decided that maybe I could use my Hero Arts coffee cup and donuts.  Fushia flower soft and brown liquid appliqué (not heat set) made the perfect topping for the donuts. I was really pleased how the three elements came together, but still no card.  They sat on my desk, for a several weeks, until yesterday, the juices started flowing again and I came up with this.  Not quite as versatile as the cupcake, but I know just who to send it to.

and this is what it looks like from the side



Thanks for looking in!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...